Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Progress in little Ava

A lot has happened since our last update. Ava had a large bowel movement that helped her along and be in a little happier place. She also started walking. She took about 50 steps….what a thrill to see! She climbed up and got on a chair all by herself. Sat without help for about 10 minutes. I was quite shocked to say the least. Her attitude is still very shady but that is typical given that she knows all about being here. It breaks my heart to see her so sad and down.

IMG_2799

Ava walking for the second time!!! This is always amazing to see. I know how much work just walking is and she did it 4 days after surgery…..;)

IMG_2804

My sister Rachel and Garret came by to see Ava tonight and brought her a bunch of Teletubbies tapes. They went on our nightly walk with us then after we got back to the room she kept stacking their movies up into plies. It was so cute!

IMG_2801

Here is Brian feeding her toothpaste addiction on the stroller ride.

IMG_2803

Brian decided it was time to go home and see the girls. Then he will have to work tomorrow night. I was sad to see him go but I have a feeling she will be home as soon as I feel comfortable that nothing more is going on with her incision. It looks a little better today so I’m praying it was just skin stretching.

She was able to take in clear liquids today. It was chicken broth and blue gatorade. Oh she also had an icee (blue) that is her favorite!

She is sleeping now so I’m not sure how she will do sleeping tonight. She does wake up and whine. Then I’ll hear a loud stinker and the she settles again. Her poor belly. I am so proud of how hard she is trying to do all the right things.

And like last hospital stay, when they won’t let her eat, she wants to brush her teeth 50 times a day. I am not kidding when I say 50. I guess she likes the taste. Although I hate feeding her this addiction this is the only thing that seems to comfort her.

Thanks again for dropping by…..this little girl is some fighter!

~Terri

No comments: