Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Happy News

“Who wants to go home today?” Ava raising her hand.

IMG_3169

Hello Ava followers. I have some very good news. We are going to be going home this afternoon- early evening. I am SO ready to take Ava home. She and I need this desperately. I feel 100% confident that she will heal so much better in her own surroundings. Plus Lexis and Emeline need us too.

A few memories of this morning. Miss Angel Ava sleeping so peacefully I couldn’t resist a picture. (Thanks again Jill for the flowers, frame, balloons and this gorgeous “angel” bear.)

IMG_3151

IMG_3154

It hurts her to strain. Her incision is still sore I assume. (She may kill me later for these shots.)

IMG_3155

Kit-Kat anyone?

IMG_3161

IMG_3162

See how well she is doing? This little monkey is climbing the walls!

IMG_3165

It is Brian and I’s 14th Wedding Anniversary today. Tears fill my eyes as I remember what a fabulous day this was on that day. Little did we know that God would send our lives down this path.

I made this slideshow last year and since I didn’t have any of our wedding pictures on this laptop I thought I would run this over again as I took it off of last years post on this day. So it does say 13th but just know it is out 14th year anniversary. I am one lucky girl!

To my husband Brian, “I love you beyond words. You are always here for us and I couldn’t make it through my life without you.”


So Ava just finished her lunch and now she is closing her eyes…..it must be nap time. Little does she know in a matter of hours we will be gone from here. Dr. Pitcher came in this morning and said they “normally” don’t send kids home like this….meaning TPN and drain…still draining but he knows my concerns and I have no doubts she will get better and better at home, whereas the hospital setting is bringing her down and slowing the healing process. We will need to come back Monday for a few more test to see if abcess is officially gone. AND if it is they will remove the drain then. She will be going home on 2 IV antibiotics just to make certain the infection is gone.  

This is a very exciting day for not only us but for all of you that have stayed up nights praying for our daughter. For thinking and meditating on God’s word and believing this would all come to pass. Thank you ALL!

“God is answering our prayers.”

~Terri

7 comments:

funncrazymommy0208 said...

great news congrats on going home!!!! Good job Ava you are a very brave stong girl

Lisa said...

So glad to hear your good news Ava!! Hope you continue to thrive once your home! Still praying...

Lisa in Mississippi

Walker Family said...

Yeah!! I was hoping that would be your next update. Go home, and rest all of you! Good Job Ava!
Love, Katherine, Dave and Ben

FaithCDH said...

Happy Anniversary! I think you both have received the best gift ever today! Praying for continued blessings and happiness.

I think your right that Ava won't be too fond of that picture in the future!

Love,

The Miles Family

Lacey said...

Yeah, get the heck out of there before you catch something from that place. She will do so much better at home.

Stephanie said...

Hey there, so glad to hear that Ava is heading home finally, I bet you'll see her spirits soar.
Oh, one quick question, my munchkin's been having some g tube issues lately and I noticed Miss Ava has a new type of dressing around her button. May I ask what it is, and what it's for?
Prayers for healing and happiness.

Stephanie said...

Hey there, so glad to hear that Ava is heading home finally, I bet you'll see her spirits soar.
Oh, one quick question, my munchkin's been having some g tube issues lately and I noticed Miss Ava has a new type of dressing around her button. May I ask what it is, and what it's for?
Prayers for healing and happiness.