Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Home precious home!

Ava resting up before the big journey home.

IMG_3172

It feels marvelous to be home. It felt surreal to drive home today. I was half expecting to wake up and find I was dreaming.

I first want to thank Ava’s doctors- Dr. Shilyansky & Dr. Pitcher, Josh her NP, Karen our cordinator, Jean our dietician, Cheryl &Marylyn, our home health care co. nurses and everyone that helped get us home. They really listened and put Ava’s HOME needs above their medical feelings. I am so grateful from the bottom of my heart. I know most of them thought I was doing this too fast BUT you should see Ava tonight. I have my happy energetic daughter back!! They all tried to convenience me it was too much work. As I gave her two of her antibiotics tonight and mixed up her TPN bag it ALL came back to me. It is just like riding a bike once you learn you never forget. The joy I have can not be expressed. Happy is far to gentle of a word. It feels great to be home with Brian and the girls.

Ava was very hesitant to be happy leaving even after we got out to the Suburban. I think she fears for what is always next. She is uncertain and therefore very skeptical.

Exhaustion always hits me when I step through the door. It is like I keep my strength up until I know I have done my job and she is safely home. I really hope she sleeps well tonight, we both need it badly.

Here are a few pictures of the girls.

IMG_3174

IMG_3179

IMG_3180

“Praise God for this wonderful anniversary present…….we will never forget this night .”

~The Helmick’s

3 comments:

Jaime's World said...

Welcome Home, Miss Ava!
Praying that it will be a very long time before another hospital stay is needed! :-)
Hugs,
Sheryl

My Three Sons said...

Happy Anniversary. 14 years is something to be very proud of. What a great present.....taking Ava home!

I'm so glad she is coming home. I'm with you, when our kiddo's are in their own enviroment they heal better.

funncrazymommy0208 said...

happy anniversary! so glad ava's home