Wednesday, November 19, 2008

We are home!

Hello! Wow I can't believe it but we just got home about 2 hours ago. Ava is so happy! I just got finished hooking up her IV nutrician. Yea and the line started backing up blood. Oh no I thought now what? We went through the trouble shooting and realized her line didn't have TPN all the way through the line so we flushed it and then filled the line back up so that there was no air in it. Problem solved! It is very intimidating. I really hope we get sleep tonight. I am zonked!

It was a disaster trying to leave. We waited about 4 and a half hours for her medicines. She had two dressing changes today and she was very mad. They made me change her central line dressing. I did good they said.

So I will post pictures tomorrow. I really think Ava didn't believe us that she WAS going to be going home. As soon as we got to the Suburban her eyes lit up and a huge smile went on her face. I was so happy.

She slept most of the hour and fifteen minute drive. She woke when I got her our of the vehicle. She was grinning ear to ear as we got into the house. She was so excited. I sat her on the chair and immediately turned on her "Little People." The grin never left.

The girls are loving her home. It is so great to be home. I too want to smile from ear to ear but am just exhausted.

I wanted to thank the wonderful staff at UNI. Josh we love you! All our nurses were great! I would love to say we will miss you but well we won't!

Thanks for the prayers and keep them coming. I am a nervous wreck but I know that with practice I will feel more comfortable. It is SO worth it to be HOME!

I will post pictures tomorrow.

~Terri

4 comments:

Jen said...

Welcome home Ava!!

mummy to angel SKYLA said...

Yay AVA, welcome home sweetie. You just kicked CDH booty again. Well done darlin.

Kristy, mum to angel SKYLA

Liz and Shane said...

Home Sweet Home! Welcome home Ava.

Aimee said...

Yea.... welcomed home Miss Ava! I was so glad when I looked at your blog this morning and heard that you were home!