Friday, November 21, 2008

"I can Walk!"

So she did it she walked all by herself today. I was so happy to see this day! Here is a very quick video of her day. She is back. Our Ava has returned to us. She is so full of life. Nothing stops her now!



She is throwing up less and less each day. The wound vac changing went well today with Lisa the home health care nurse. The vac started making funny noises tonight so Brian had to add more tape. Ava wasn't thrilled but so far it is working.

I started her IV up again tonight at about 8:45pm and she is sleeping. We are so happy that God allowed us this time to come home. It feels like Heaven to us. The girls are so happy. It is so wonderful to just BE!

I have to thank my cousin Mindi and her husband Ed for making us Spagatti. It was fabulous and the best part is I didn't have to cook! You both are super!

Well let's hope Miss Ava sleeps tonight. She has done much better at home than in the hospital. She is a different little girl. I honestly think she was started to get depressed about her condition. She was very unhappy. Now she is filled with smiles. I can thank God and all the Heavenly angels watching out for our little Ava. She most certainly is a miracle sent from Heaven! Thanks for your love, support and prayers!

~The Helmick's

2 comments:

Maxton's Mommy said...

AWESOME NEWS!! I am so glad miss Ava is getting back to normal. She is so cute and seems to definately be feeling better. You can see it on her face and in her eyes. :-) GOOOO Ava! :-)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful sight to see. I have been following Avas story for awhile now. I have a daughter her age and the whole thing just broke my heart. But it is so inspiring to see her fill with life again. God is great! What a precious angel you have and what a strong mommy your are. My prayers are still with you always.