Monday, November 17, 2008

Get Well cards.





Ava and I got such an amazing surprise today. An envelope came in the mail. It was from Amanda in Missouri and her day care class. She reads our blog and she told her kids about Ava. They all wrote the most beautiful get well cards I have ever seen. Tears came to my eyes as I realize how Ava's journey has touched so many people, from all over the United States. I just praised God all day for his goodness for our daughter.

"Amanda tell those children Ava loved their cards. We put them up on her door. She smiled so big s she was looking at each one. They really truly made our day. We so appreciate your tender heart. God bless you and each and every one of those kids! Thanks you so much for thinking about Ava."

I remember telling the doctors in PICU that if Ava was meant to survive there was nothing they could do to her that she couldn't fight.

She had a great day today. Ava's tummy is not wanting to cooperate with us on feeding. This is just going to take time. She threw up seven times today. It is very hard to watch her be sick. The doctors are hoping it will get better. It sometimes takes the stomach a while to start working again. We know her stomach empties very, very slow even before her reherniation surgery.

They are talking about discharge. I told them I was ready I just needed to be taught all about her care. I sm not afraid any more. I just want to go home and sleep in my own bed! Brian spent all week end trying to get the house ready for Ava's return. He moved her bed in our room and moved furniture around. I just can't wait.

She was in a very good mood today. She reserves her smiles only for the best!








~Terri

5 comments:

Maxton's Mommy said...

what a precious daughter you have!! and what nice cards. They made me smile so I can only imagine how you felt. Of course my favorite pic is the one with all the CDH bracelets. What a perfect spokesmodel for CDH. :-) Hoping to hear you all have made it home soon!!

Liz and Shane said...

What great news! We are so happy that you get to go home. I love the picture of Ava with all the CDH bracelets. I can't wait to see pictures of Ava at home.

Fer said...

And she's touched our lives too, here in Mexico. I'm glad they are talking about letting you go home. Many prayers your way.
Fer
CHERUBS mexican rep.

*super dude and super dog* said...

She's so cute!!! I know you can't wait to get her home again. Carter is 6 weeks old today, so they've been in the hospital together--hospital buddies :) We're glad to hear she's healing.

Anonymous said...

Its the best feeling ever knowing that she is going to be able to go home. She looks 1000 times better today than the others. Those cards were so thoughtful. I always knew that she was a fighter, even today. God bless you and your family. Sending get well soon, and home bound wishes your way, after all there is no place like home.
Your friend from KS.
Janet