Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Still waiting.

She is still in surgery but Josh just stepped in to inform us that all was going well. They found a piece of her small bowel that was as narrow as a small finger.....no wonder, huh? All is still going good but Dr. Shilyanski thinks the surgery will be yet another 4 hours. When I saw Josh had a huge smile on his face I felt a little relief. (Plus I took a Zanax a half an hour before. I had to relieve some of this anxiety.)

More good news was that the doctor thought Ava's intestines WERE ready for suregery. Isn't God amazing. Things are falling together. So now we are going to get some lunch and he is going to update us in another two hours.

To think that my baby is lying there open with her intestines laying on top of her is gut rentching but I know this is what has to be done to get her better.

I told Josh that if something would go wrong and she was going to die to PLEASE get ahold of us so that we could say goodbye to her. I know this might sound bizarre but it is something that is running through my head and I have to express.

I'm somewhat relieved that things are going good. Continue to pray that they stay in a good direction. Thanks for all the messages. They make a HUGE difference to us. They help lift our spirits so much. Love to you all!

~Terri

5 comments:

My Three Sons said...

I'm sending lots of prayers your way. Ava is so strong and these doctores seem brilliant. She is in such great hands. God is taking care of her.

I will check in later. God bless Terri!!

Love
Kaci and Carson

Liz and Shane said...

Terri,
I wish I could be there with you to help you through this. I know God is guiding the surgeons and God is carrying Ava through this. We are praying for Ava and for you.
Love,
Liz

Liz and Shane said...

I wish I cold be there to help you through this. We are praying that God is guiding the surgeons during surgery. We are praying for Ava and you.
Love,
Liz

Angie said...

I just typed one and it kicked me out so I am giving you another comment! Hang in there and stay positive. I am amazed at your strength throughout all of your trials. I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through while waiting. They are doing their best to make her better and I am eager for the next update!

Praying hard for you all-Angie

Jen said...

Thanks for the update, Terri - I wish I could be there to hold your hand. It's SO GOOD to hear that Ava's doc says she was ready. Hang in there, you will all get through this.

Jen