Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ava's Cookin'






Good afternoon Ava fans and followers. She has had a good few days. The nausea seems better and she is resting a lot easier at night. (I wish I could say the same thing.) I still get up at least 4 times to check on her, suction her stomach, or change her diaper. Fot those of you that have never had kids on TPN (nutrient from a central line IV.) They tend to wet through their diaper and totally soak all bedding! Lovely huh? I have even put down a waterproof pad and that helps save time but then they too have to be washed the next morning. Well the last 4-5 nights since she has had a high output through her NG (tube that goes from nose to stomach) then she doesn't pee as much. She actually becomes dry and then I have to worry and be concerned if she is getting enough hydration. (That is why we started the bolus hydration this last week.) That in itself has been so much fun! (Sarcastic there.) Ava hates to be hooked up at all. I'm having a harder and harder time with her not caring if she pulls her central line. We have been following her around either carrying the pole or her baby-outside back pack. I really don't blame her for not wanting to be tied down, who would. Also she is getting her appetite back. She has been dappling in eating tiny things. One of her favorite things before she rehernatied and got obstructed was fries dipped in ranch and ketchup. (But not at the same time.) So she has been eating or sampling. The sad part is comes back up the tube digested! Kinda gross but if she feels better, I'm all for it.

I'm really starting to get anxious about her upcoming surgery. I keep telling myself that it does NO good to worry and wonder. The other night I had a dream that Ava feel and her head fell off! I know bizarre. But that's not all. I put it back on and of course knew she was dead. I wrapped her up and then took her to my Mom's and Dad's and didn't tell anyone. Then I tried to leave to take her to the hospital and things kept getting in my way, the car broke down, a swarm of bees attacked us. I finally ended up stealing a very large "monster" truck and racing to the hospital. I woke up and thought....."Her head fell off...what?" I just think it meant that I feel like we keep waiting and waiting and she doesn't get any better. Oh my mind. See I never get good rest...I can blame it on that!

Today and always Ava HAS to be with her big sisters. It makes me tear up to think she will have to be away from them for a while. It is very important for her recovery for them to come up to the hospital as much as they can. So neat to see such sisterly bond. I love each one of my sisters and can't imagine my life without them. I have 5 sisters and one brother. They have been great support throughout all of this!

So on to my point. The girls cleaned up the "play room" and here they all are today stopping to pose for some pictures. I am so proud of all my girls. They truly are beautiful girls, inside and out!





Thanks for coming to check on Ava. We appreciate and feel all your love and support. Please if you haven't posted a message on either the blog or carepages, feel free to do so. I am humbled by the outpouring of caring we get from all of you! You all make this a little easier.

www.carepages.com (avahelmick)
http://avaslifewithcdh.blogspot.com
http://cdhawarenessvideos.blogspot.com
http://lexidoll.blogspot.com
http://emmerose.blogspot.com

~Terri

3 comments:

My Three Sons said...

Yes all three of your girls are beautiful.

I just love how Ava can cook. Could I order some scrambled eggs and bacon please???

Your whole family is in my prayers. I hope that your dreams go away. I know how hard it is when our mind is playing tricks on us.

Liz and Shane said...

your dream is so bizzare. i had one while i was still pregnant with Nayeli that I delivered her myself doing a Csection and I was carrying her in a sac bubble and giving her air through a litle hole. dreams are weired sometimes.
Ava looks so cute in her little kitchen. all the girls look great.
Terri I know its hard not to worry, I am praying for you to be able to get rest and not to stress too much. Stress can do weird things to our bodies.
hugs,
Liz

Baylee and Blair's page said...

I'm so glad she is feeling better! What a relief... you need some much needed rest as well! Big Hugs to you!

Tiffany