Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Output quite high.

Okay so Miss Ava gave me another scare yesterday. Her NG (tube that goes down her nose to her stomach) put out 1,000 ml's of green bile in about 19 hours. Plus she threw up another 200 ml's by her mouth. So I was very concerned as I just didn't know where it is coming from. I called the doctor and he wants to start her on more hydration and another round of Flagyl. (by NG tube)

So the good news is she doesn't act any sicker. She's still dancing and popping about everywhere! Over night she was very nauseous but today she has only thrown up twice this morning. SO the plan is to keep up her hydration with bolus saline through her central line and to start the antibodics. If the output stays high she will have to have surgery in the next few days. I'm hoping we can keep it all under control until she is really ready for surgery in a few weeks.

Nothing like scaring us, the little stinker!

Thanks again for stopping by and please pray that Ava improves.

I put her video on the right side of the screen so if you haven't seen it please take a look as it is her story. The ups and downs of her battle with Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia.

~The Helmick's


Anonymous said...

awww, sweet Ava. she is unbelievable; puking up bile yet still the bubbly little gal. i hope the surgery can be put off until she's ready. you are always in our thoughts and prayers.
Joanne and John Michael

Fer said...

Keeping Ava in my prayers Terri.

Aep said...

My prayers are always with you and Ava. I hope she continues to get stronger and the surgery can wait a little longer.
My best,

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I accidentally came across your page months ago and faithfully check for updates everyday. I just wanted to let you know what an inspiration your beautiful family is for me. I will pray for the well being of everyone in your family. And I will especially pray that Ava gets better once and for all. Her energy is incredible :-) I just feel so blessed to know of your family. Stay positive and keep trekking. God knows what He's doing. ;-)
Patricia C.

Kaden and Angel Ava's mommy said...

So what do the doctors think about all of that green bile. That is a lot, I don't blame you for being scared. I think our doctor would freak out with that much bile coming out. You all continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I too hope she can hold out until she is absolutely ready for surgery.

My Three Sons said...

I hope that you can hold off a couple more weeks. I will send lots of prayers your way.