Thursday, July 30, 2020

Beautiful Lady

Hello friends. Ava has been doing really well. We were watching her incision as it was blister-like and a little red. I called the nurse yesterday morning and she said to try warm compresses on it and if it didn't get any better we would have to come in so they could lance it. (Yikes!) So after 5 times (20 minutes each time) it finally popped on it's own. We were so relieved. It is looking much better. 
Here is what it looked like yesterday.


This morning it looked so much better. We put Antibiotic cream and a band aid on it all night. Again I'm so happy we didn't have to travel to the Children's Hospital. God worked it out right here at home.


You might notice a change on our blog. I redid the banner at the top. She's been through so much and wow so much more has happened. So that meant a new large picture for the center. She looked beautiful today. It was perfect weather for pictures. She choose the one for the blog. I love them all! I think I took around 45 pictures and they all turned out so good. She's the strongest person I know!! I'm so proud of her in so many ways.  She has fought hard and long and I'm so happy she is feeling better.






Last week at this time we were in the hospital. She's been out for five days now. I thank God for His continued healing. We are so blessed to be home! I drive her nuts sometimes because I check on her a lot. I can't help it. The nurse in me can't stop. Before bed I hook her up to the pulse ox machine to see her heart rate and her oxygen saturation. I then take it off. I just want to be sure she's okay.

Something you take for granted is being able to sleep in your own bed. I've missed my bed! My heart goes out to those still in the hospital fighting. If I could give you any advise I'd say, "Live a day at a time.... sometimes you have to live minute to minute but you can do it! Better days are ahead!" Thanks again for all the prayers.

-Terri



4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are such a blessing Ava, Terri and family. You have all been through a lot but God keeps pulling you through.

Hugs, Love and Prayers

Gayl

Mary Lou said...

Terri....
I love, love, LOVE the Blog's new banner on top!! :)
I am glad that Ava's incision looks better!! I was going to suggest putting antibiotic cream, {or salve}, on it, but then again, you know what you're doing, Mama Bear!! ;-D
Peace and Love, Mary Lou

Claire said...

Love all the pictures! Ava, indeed, is a beautiful, strong young lady! So happy she's healing and feeling well. We'll keep those prayers going your way!

Sandy Daron said...

Awesome! Ava, you are so beautiful ❣️❣️❣️

Love ya,

Sandy