Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Zoo. Zoo? Zoo!

 Hello friends! I'm sorry I haven't updated. We've been too busy doing normal things!! (Ha ha!) We LOVE normal! We don't even mind boring. Ava is feeling better. I can't believe how quickly she is healing. Praise God things are moving in the right direction and she is healthy. She has a follow up appointment with Dr. S on August 27th. She looks AMAZING. Her eyes tell so much.

Last night we went to our river front so Ava could practice on her skate boarding skills. She got a skate board a few days ago and is doing so good. I got a tad bit nervous when I saw her get on for the first time BUT you know what? She is a normal young lady and God has given her the ability to do ,many neat things! (She's amazing on a hover board!) And she takes full advantage of it all!

The weather was PERFECT for My skater girl!

Our beautiful River front in Burlington, Iowa.


Today we went to the Zoo. They had a ton of rules in place and there were only selling a few tickets. We had a wonderful day enjoying the Sunshine and God's magnificent animals! I'm so thankful and blessed to say All is Well! God is good in the good times and He is good in the bad times as well!

So here is what we saw...



Yes even dinosaurs!



Turtles or Rocks?


Zebra.


This guy was parading around in front of us as soon as Ava started talking doggie talk! As if it was a dog. Silly girl. It worked.


This giraffe looks little here but in real life it was big!


She's gotten a lot of pictures with this over the years. I wonder if she is done growing?


You can't really see them in the picture very well but there are two very beautiful leopards laying right next to the window and Ava.


What a blessed day we had today at the Zoo. Sorry we look a little scary in this picture.


I'm so very happy to have this little lady here with me happy and healthy.

We sang Disney songs on the way home. She knows ALL the words to ALL the songs to "The Princess and the Frog." I'm not sure why she loves that movie but she does!

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. We love the support you give us.

My Bible verse for today. 

Psalm 27:4 "One thing have I asked of the Lord. that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple." 

-Terri

1 comment:

Mary Lou said...

Terri….
Several years ago, {when I was a preteen? I do not remember}, I wanted a skateboard really bad, so I received one for Christmas!! I am clumsy, {although, by some miracle, I’ve NEVER broken any bones}, so my Uncle thought it was absolutely nuts that I would get a skateboard. But Mom said: ‘She’ll only live once!!’ Ava is MUCH better on her skateboard than I ever was, because I never figured the dang thing out!! :-D
Now, I want to go to our zoo, {which used to be VERY CROWDED before the coronavirus…. YIKES}, and, although they are only allowing a certain amount of people in right now, {most likely}, the before COVID-19 crowds makes me anxious…. :)
Peace and Love, Mary Lou