Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Bon Appetit!

Hello friends and family. Ava has been doing SO well. Her and I have been having such a good time together. I can't remember the last time I laughed and laughed over stuff that makes no sense. She says I embarrass her and I love it! Live today and I do! They haven't told us to be quite yet, so that's good, right? She also sleeps really good at night. I sleep too!

Dr. Farber rounded this morning asked Ava how she was...she said "good." She is feeling like her old self. No pain and no nausea. She is tolerating liquids just fine. Dr. Carlisle came by late morning to check on Ava. She was happy she was doing so well. We spoke in the hall and they were ready to let Ava eat. I voiced my concern to go very slowly. She agreed. Ava smiled when I told her she would be able to eat today. (They gave her no diet restrictions.) I told her only soft foods for now until we know things are going through without issues. I had to show you the video of her first bite. It had been 11 days since she last ate. Scrambled Eggs... Bon Appetit, Ava!!


Silly girl... I'm so thankful for her patience during all of this. I'm so proud of her. She has learned so much from this month. Brian and I remembered the hardships of surgery. She was too small and went in not knowing what was going to happen. It was harder than she ever thought possible.

She says, "Goodnight Everyone!" 
Oh... and she wants you all to know she worked really hard and pooped 4 times today!!


Thanks for checking in on Ava. She certainly keeps us guessing and this time is no different. Brian came up after work tonight and she was so happy to see him. She hugged him as soon as he got in the door.  She said. "DAD!". It was good to see him. I'm a little sad he couldn't stay at the hospital with us the whole time but we both agreed that Ava was on the mend and it was okay for him to go back.

We appreciate all the love, support and the prayers. Keep praying... God is in control and I'm just here for the ride. Did I mention, I don't enjoy roller coasters for the record? I'll leave you with a wonderful Bible verse that leaves me feeling blessed. God Bless!

-Terri


Casting all your cares upon Him, for He cares for you. 
-1 Peter 5:7




1 comment:

Mary Lou said...

Terri and Ava….
Just for the record? Throughout my entire Life, I haven only ridden on one roller coaster. ONE. I was terrified the entire ride!! Of course, it did not help that my cousin, {who rode beside me}, teasingly said: ‘Hey, what if this car comes off the track?’ Yikes!! Needless to mention, I absolutely hated that roller coaster experience, I never looked back, and I never gave it a second chance!! :-D
By the way? My cousin would never say anything like that today, as she is now a Mama to three children!! We were obviously just kids ourselves back then…. :)
Peace and Love, Mary Lou