Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Happy Tears

Hello Friends.  Ava got the best news ever today. The doctors came in and looked her over and then I stepped into the hall to discuss "the plan". They said she looks great. She had very little drainage from the straight drain yesterday with no nausea so they are very confident she is ready for the tube to come out. I was so excited for her.

I thought... huh why not try to prank her. She does it to me!! So I came back into the room looking a little sad. I grabbed my phone and started recording and this is what happened. Her reaction... priceless and caught her HAPPY TEARS!


She us so relieved the tube is out. She kept saying... I feel like I'm missing something. Yea you are missing your runny nose? Sneezing? Sniffling? Nope!

The first picture after her tube was GONE!


The hospital tests their patients before every surgery, then when admitted and then once admitted every five days. So this morning was another day five... she's had 5 Covid-19 tests total ...all negative. I always feel terrible for her when she has to go through them. They push the swab so far back that it brings tears to her eyes every time. The nurse apologizes and Ava says, her famous line of all now, "It's okay I'm used to it." (Sad face)

If you sent Ava a card, a gift or encouragement. She wants to say, "Thank you!" She got a cards (Gary and Janice, Gayl and Nancy) and three Amazon packages today. Jennifer and Kennedy thanks again. I had to post these two videos... she was thrilled. Too awesome of a day not to celebrate!! Your made her feel so special!

 


So far she has done great. Her liquids... 6 ounces of water, 8 ounces of sweet tea, 4.2 ounces of apple juice and half a red jello. She feels great. She looks well and she is driving me nut so this is a HUGE step in the right direction. The doctor's exact words were, "She has turned the corner!" I LOVE that. I don't think I've heard it phrased like this before. We are going to keep going slow and steady. There is no hurry. We have to be sure her intestines can work on their own and stay working.

Thanks for your love, support and prayers.



-Terri

1 comment:

Mary Lou said...

Terri and Ava….
‘Give thanks to the Lord, our God and King; His Love endures forever; For He is Good, He is above all things; His Love endures forever; Sing praise, sing praise; With a Mighty Hand and Outstretched Arm; His Love endures forever; For the Life that's been reborn; His Love endures forever; Sing praise, sing praise; Sing praise, sing praise; Forever, God is Faithful; Forever, God is Strong; Forever, God is with us; Forever; From the rising to the setting sun; His Love endures forever; And by the Grace of God, we will carry on; His Love endures forever….’
Peace and Love, Mary Lou