Monday, July 6, 2020

Surgery Day

Hello friends.  I'm exhausted so I'm just going to give you bits and pieces.

Ava was super calm this morning.



Here she was heading to the Operating Room.


A very long day. Like I said a super quick version as I'm so tired and Ava is now resting good.

Surgery started at 8:30. Theu made the first incision at 9:30.

Time- 6;32 pm She is still in surgery. Of course Ava always throws something in... when they are done she is going to Intensive care for better observation since she had such a long surgery. They are telling us another hour. Pray... I'm tired. Brian is very positive. So we wait...

Time- 7:21 pm- She's done. She had been in recovery for about 30 minutes. Doctors said a lot of adhesions. Her stomach was up partially through the old patch hole. They put another patch and fixed her diaphragm pulling it together and suturing it secure. The cyst she had a few months ago was still there so he opened that up. The plastic surgeon came in and did not recommend the side wall repair. He felt a patch would be better. They cleaned her up placing her organs where they belong. Two thirds of the surgery was removing scar tissue. We are waiting to go see her. He wants her comfortable. She has an epidural but will give diladid if she needs it. He felt she should feel a lot better. He also cleaned up her  g tube scar from the side wall. She went through a lot.


Time- 8:11- We are in her room. She looks good. She's still pretty out of it. She tries to open her eyes and put her head up but then shuts her eyes. I talked with her a little bit. The PICU doctor came in and started talking. When she was done I started feeling light headed and sat down. I hate that she has to go through this. I'm sitting here crying. Brian is by her bed. I had to take meds to calm down. I just held in so much and it all came spilling out. I'm better now. Thanks for the prayers. She's on oxygen now but doing good. She only needed oxygen for about 30 minutes. She woke slightly to ask for her phone to send out her snapchats. 

Her incision is very large. They went through her 2nd repair surgery. I'm guessing 7-8 inches long this time.

Continue to hold us up in prayer. We appreciate all your thoughts love and prayers. 

-Terri

So her surgery ended up lasting a little under 9 hours.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sending Love, Prayers and Hugs for the repairs to heal well and quickly. I had to snicker, she wanted her phone!! Silly girl.

Gayl

Mary Lou said...

Terri....
Prayers, virtual hugs, and positive thoughts are being sent your way.... I do not know what else to write.... Thanks for the update, Friend!! Please keep us all posted on Ava's recovery. :)
Peace and Love, Mary Lou

Sandy Daron said...

What a day! I am so thankful it is over and Ava can heal. I pray for NO setbacks and her pain is controlled very well!

Ava, girl you are amazing and such an inspiration! You have got this!

Praying everything goes great and you will all be home soon!

Love so much 💓

Sandy with Cole's Foundation Yes he's going to work