Saturday, July 11, 2020

Home?!

Hey guys! Sorry I didn't update yesterday. I was emotionally and physically exhausted... totally drained.

The Nurse Practitioner came in on Friday around 10 am. She says to us, "I have to see this young lady who did AMAZING in such a long surgery and looks GREAT 'on paper'... I had to see you in person!" She then asks... "How do you feel about going home today?" We all looked at Ava. "YES... I want to go home." Ava says with a big grin.


We decided to try and surprise her sisters. We got Lexis, but Emeline apparently saw us pull into town. What a precious sight to see!

Ava is doing so good today. Here is her incision. She went over to Lexis and Emeline's house for a few hours today. She sure missed her sisters. We are alternating between Tylenol and Ibuprofen. Her oxy is only for severe pain. She's only had 1 oxy since being home. I woke her to take meds during the night. I still can't believe we are home!


It was quite odd to experience this surgery during this Covid-19 time. Brian and I had to wear masks whenever anyone came to Ava's room. We had to wear masks at all times outside of her room. There was a lot of security and checkpoints. I still sanitized her room and all items that came into her room. All this said... It was TIME for repair surgery and Ava was ready! 

Our wonderful nurse Shannon taking out Ava's last two IV's


She was patiently waiting for discharge papers Friday.


And as if to make it grander she told us "No wheelchair I'm walking out myself." And with that she did!


When we got home she sat on her bed and was so happy. You would never know she went through a 9-hour surgery 5 days before this picture. 


I asked Ava why she thought she did so well this surgery. She said, "Well mom, probably God thought I had been through enough." How perfectly said Ava! It's amazing how God can cause pain to cease. I owe God all the credit. He gave me such peace this time around. Was it hard? You betcha! A rollercoaster is a good word for the low valleys and high mountains. I want to thank each and every one of you that have thought and prayed for us. 

1 Peter 5:7 was the verse I turned to a few days ago in the Suburban as I made a trip to the car for supplies. As I got into the vehicle and saw my Bible on the seat, it instantly hit me... I forgot to do my daily Bible devotions for many days. I have a page on FB where I choose a verse and write a prayer for the day... how could I forget? (The B I B L E) Opening my Bible I turned it to a pink post-it note. Then I read this...

Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

I started to cry. I'm pretty sure God knew my heart and how my mind was focused on my words to plead for Ava's safety and for the doctor's knowledge, all going straight to Him. My Bible devotions although so important, He said... "Terri forget all of that. Give your pain to me because I care for you!"

Praise God and Welcome Home Ava! She still has a lot of healing left to do but I KNOW without a doubt my God lifted the pain and made it bearable for my daughter, because as Ava put it, "He thought I had enough." 

God Bless!



4 comments:

Mary Lou said...

Terri....
Great is Thy Faithfulness!! Great is Thy Faithfulness!! Morning by morning new mercies I see; All I have needed Thy Hand hath provided — Great is Thy Faithfulness, Lord, unto me!!
Peace and Love, Mary Lou
Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, His Love endures forever!!

Claire said...

Fantastic! God Bless you all! Thank you for the updates! We'll keep praying for continued amazing healing for one amazing Ava!

Sandy Daron said...

God is so good! I have followed Ava's journey for so long! I stand in amazement and I am so inspired by Ava. She has become such a beautiful young woman and handled this major surgery like a superhero! You go girl!

Love you,
Sandy with Cole's Foundation

Sandy Daron said...

God is so good! I have followed Ava's journey for so long! I stand in amazement and I am so inspired by Ava. She has become such a beautiful young woman and handled this major surgery like a superhero! You go girl!

Love you,
Sandy with Cole's Foundation