Sunday, May 24, 2009

Uh-Oh

This is Ava’s favorite word. See this is what “Po” from Telletubbies says. (By the way if anyone has any old Telletubbies VHS or DVD shows around let me know as we only have ONE and we watch it over and over. I’m not sure they even make them anymore.  mycdhlife@gmail.com) “Uh-oh” She was doing so well the last few days. I was doing overnight feeds and she was getting 500 calories just at night by her Compleat Pediatric. Today however I know we are starting the down hill slope. I can just feel it. Yesterday her tummy was rumbling. This morning the running water sounds. I am not waiting for the throwing up I started her on the Gentamycin tonight. I am hoping to avoid the whole day of throwing up and baby-ing her gut. The antibiotics usually last about 7-9 days then the “episodes” start again. With the start of a new drug for some reason the episode disappears It has happened 4 times so far.

She loves going down to the “creek” at my parents house. It is a ritual we HAVE to do each time we go there. She loves to cross the small bridge Grandpa Diercks made. It is a HUGE accomplishment to her. I will always remember THIS little thing makes her SO happy!

IMG_2256

IMG_2258

IMG_2259

IMG_2264

She is such a sweet heart…….These next several pictures are my favorites.

IMG_2261

IMG_2262

Ava and the wide open world!

IMG_2266

Although she didn’t feel up to par she still enjoys being outside! “Look out everyone here I come!”

IMG_2239

While we were at my parents this morning my Mother got a phone call that my Grandpa Hightower had fallen and they were taking him to the ER. He went to our local hospital but then transported to Iowa City….huh why does that place sound familiar? We later found out he cut his head and he broke his hip that they just replaced a little while ago. Please say a prayer for MY grandpa. He is 80 and getting old. My Mother doesn’t think he will live that much longer. The girls call him the “Apple Grandpa” because he always gives us apples!

Well I will keep a close eye on Ava and try to avoid the hospital yet again. The last two episodes she has gotten over the hurdle here at home. Pray. She definitely needs surgery as this is not going away. I am starting to accept it slowly but shirley.

I hope you all have a great Memorial Day tomorrow. Please stay safe! Love to you all!

~The Helmick’s

No comments: