Saturday, December 13, 2008

God on the Mountain.

This is my little "foot bath" girl. Who doesn't love a foot bath and rub?

Well Ava has still been throwing up more than I would like but she still seems to be a happy girl. It is starting to turn the intestinal green color. They think the reason she can't keep things down is her intestines just can't tolerate much of anything since they are swollen and inflamed. I started the antibodic last night so well see how that all goes. The first dose I gave at 7pm and then I had to get up at 6 am to give her a dose then at 1pm. I stop her TPN and switch pumps for an hour while her medicine goes in her Hicmann line. Also they cut her TPN down to 14 hours. I'm hoping to see an improvement. I had to give her a sypository tonight because she hasn't had a bowel movement since Thursday morning. Things back up pretty quickly.

Boy it is so easy in life to take things for granted. Having a sick child really puts your life in perspective. I was just telling my Mother tonight I can't remember life before all this trouble. It is so important that you savory every second that you or your family are healthy. It took one day for Ava to turn from healthy to deathly ill. I found this song on You Tube and wanted you to hear it. It is called God on the Mountain. I love the spirit of these girls. It reminds me of how I used to sing with my sister's at church. If I knew then what I know now oh how much more meaning I could have sang with! God has been so good to us!



"God your love overcomes all. I thank you for allowing to recieve you love, mercy and grace. For you are who I serve!"

I want to leave you this Bible verse.

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Hare am I. Send Me!" Isaiah 6:8

"Lord take me and use me!" ~Terri

3 comments:

Liz and Shane said...

Ava we think of you each day and have you in our prayers. You look like you are having a fun time having your footsies bathed. I love that song. Thanks for sharing that song.

Kathyb1960 said...

OH! I love that song too! Those girls do a beautiful job singing it!

I am sorry to hear that Ava still isn't doing well. All of you are in my prayers!

Kathy in West Texas

Fer said...

Lovely song. Many prayers for Ava.
Fer