Thursday, November 11, 2021

Ultrasound for Fluid

 Hello friends. A quick update about today. First Ava feels fine. We were at her older sister's house yesterday. She showed them her stomach and her right side was sticking out more than it should have been.  I called the doctor's office and talked to Megan. She quickly made an appointment.

Today she got that ultrasound and we also saw Dr. Shilyansky. He told us the fluid was down a little bit on the right side since removing the drain on Tuesday. I was surprised. I felt certain it had gotten worse. He wants to wait and see. The other fluid collection on the left side was not looked at today. I'm hoping perhaps another CT on the 18th. I insisted on keeping that appointment to recheck the fluid. I also heavily rely on Ava to tell me how she is feeling. She says she will let me know.


The fluid is still there but a little less..we pray it stops producing and drys up. She doesn't need this adding pressure and causing more worry.


She's gotten so tall. These children's beds are so small.

I was hoping Dr. S would have answers for us but quite the opposite. He said... in so many words that it was fluid that was not infected and it was not that bad. She looks good let's just watch and see. He did say announce the procedure that I had kept quite from Ava. I didn't want her to stress before anything was even decided. It was what the radiologists mentioned the other day... that the left side fluid collection was so hidden they could only get to it by going through her lower back. A drain would be placed but it's much more complicated. I agreed for now we could wait. 

I am going to ask if Dr. Shilyansky and Dr.  Mohammad Amarneh can ask if any other doctor has dealt with this before. They say it's rare but don't give us anything more. It's hard for me to deal with the "wait and see" approach. We've done this more times than I care to remember and it never seems to end well. 

He also mentioned it could be ovarian cysts. Huh? So really? So again if it doesn't make sense figure out what this can possibly be, not just "extra fluid that isn't hurting her at the moment". I'm being so patient but I'm going to need more than that.

Thanks friends for checking in in Ava. We again appreciate the support and prayers. God is giving me peace in the midst of this recent storm. Life sure is unpredictable especially lately. God Bless each one of you that reads Ava's blog. 

-Terri



2 comments:

Mary Lou said...

Terri….
‘He told us the fluid was down a little bit on the right side since removing the drain on Tuesday. I was surprised. I felt certain it had gotten worse.’ Based on the first picture that you posted, I thought the same exact thing. But…. Based on Ava’s ultrasound pictures that you posted, the fluid is a little less!! Thanks be to God!! A positive right there!! Prayers!! :)
Peace and Love, Mary Lou

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update on Ava. Keeping your family in prayer.