Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sisters

WOW has it really been a month and a half since my last post? Well we are enjoying the Summer. We are trying to stay cool. Ava has been staying healthy. I’m so proud of her. She loves swimming and slides!

Today was just beautiful here in Iowa so I decided it was time for “Sister Pictures”. And did I hit the jack-pot! I’m in love with these pictures :)

Girls-1

Girls-5

Girls-7

Girls-9

Girls-10

Girls-6

Girls-8

Girls-11

Emeline and Ava-2

A few individuals…

Lexis-1

Emeline-2

Ava-1

Ava only lasts for about 3 pictures and then she is finished. They all did great today.

She goes for an orthopedic check-up this Monday. I want to be certain her spine is growing and not curving too much. I am still quite observant to her medical needs as a CDH child. I MUST be!

Ava will be 5 this month. My mind is thrilled she is doing so well. Five years ago today we were at the New Jersey Ronal McDonald House waiting her arrival. Her future was so uncertain… today we see SO much life in her.

I’ll leave you with a few more pictures of Ava today.

Ava-3

Ava-2

I hold onto all my beautiful daughter’s and thank God daily they are mine. I’m still very involved in congenital diaphragmatic hernia and it’s research. I meet by email and face book new expectant Moms and Dads daily. This week has been hard as four CDH babies have passed away from this birth defect. It definitely hits home each time I must be reminded of how truly blessed we are to have Ava with us today. I feel for the families that don’t take their children home. I don’t have the answers. I wish I did. I do know that I was given Ava to help other’s get through this birth defect. I strongly sense a need for answers and for healing. Please say a prayer for the families that have lost their most precious gift… their babies.

Thanks for stopping by and God Bless each and every one of you tonight!

~Terri

No comments: