Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Check up Day

 Hello friends. Ava has been busy with school. She is struggling to keep up with online learning. It's so easy for her to get distracted so I've been sitting in on most of her classes with her. This is a whole new world for me. I'm learning things... or maybe I just forgot them! Regardless things are getting done! She misses her friends but we are all about her staying healthy. I believe that three staff members at her school have gotten the Corona Virus. It's sad and we pray that the school stays safe and healthy.

I can't get over how quickly she is recovering from surgery. She feels a lot better now than she has in the past. She goes on walks outside everyday. We are still pretty quarantined to the house just to stay safe.


See how excited she looks.


Mother and Daughter... I was so glad I felt well to go to these appointments. Please keep me in your prayers as I have to go through a lot of testing this month to figure out what is wrong with me. I've been having a lot of abdominal pain and pressure. I'm so thankful that Brian works and I can just stay home and rest. I have faith that it will get solved and I'll be running in no time. Oh how I miss running!

A quick picture without masks before heading up to the doctor's office.



Today we saw Dr. Ebach her Gastrologist (GI). She was thrilled that Ava looked so good. She said that she had looked over her notes about her surgery in July and hospital stay. It was a lot. We are so happy she has healed so well! We told her that Ava was able to go down on her acid reflux medicine since her hospital stay in July. She was really liked that.


My dad said to Ava... "You have prayed so much that you wore your knees out in your jeans." So funny. I love how he comes up with things like that to say! Oh how we have prayed, right friends?!

Next she had a lung function test. She never likes to do them. She is good at the blowing the air out but has it's hard to keep exhaling until all of the air is out of your lungs. She got to test her diaphragm patch today. The technician was a blast. She has been at Children's for a long time and remembers when Ava was tiny. I brought up a picture of Ava doing a test in 2012. She suggested we reenact the picture. We gave it a shot! How adorable is this?


Time sure goes by so quickly! Ava's health is wonderful. We have been blessed that her body is healing and that it is growing. She is now 5'7.6 and 116 pounds. 

For those that are curious here what she does for her lung function test.


Thanks everyone for your comments. We do read them all! They are so encouraging to us! Your love, support and prayers are ALWAYS appreciated. God bless!

-Terri and Ava









 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE that Ava is doing so well. Now to get you, Terri better.

Hugs and Prayers,
Gayl


Mary Lou said...

Terri….
‘My dad said to Ava… You have prayed so much that you wore your knees out in your jeans.’ Crack. Me. Up!! ;-D
Teenager Ava looks SO MUCH BETTER—and healthier—than little girl Ava did!! Thanks be to God!! :-D
GET WELL SOON, Mama!! :)
Peace and Love, Mary Lou

Sandy Daron said...

I am so glad Ava is doing well.

HUGS!