Friday, October 4, 2019

Yearly check up

Hello everyone. It has been awhile since I've updated. Summer has come and gone. School has started... Ava is in 7th grade. Time has been flying by. Ava turned 13 on August 31st. I can't believe she is a teenager. I had so many mixed emotions on her birthday but she is doing amazingly well!





She had an orthopedic appointment on July 24th. Her curve is remaining stable. She is growing so tall. She's too tall for the doctor's table. She cracks me up! We laugh together as we wait for the doctor. She is taller than me and the doctor!


Her and I waiting for the doctor to come in... I love that she still wants me to be in the picture with her!


Ava had her yearly check up with GI and Pulmonary. (October 2) They both went great. Everyone is so shocked at how well she looks and they can't believe she is so tall. 5'7 and 112 pounds. Ava decided that she wanted to see if she really needed the daily medicines she is prescribed. I explained what they both did. Her Prevacid keeps the acid in her stomach down. The Symibort keeps her lungs strong and healthy. She has been doing good and not showing signs that she needs them. I think she is old enough to think about how she is feeling and judge if the medicine helps her or not. 

We also saw Ortho as her back brace is no longer fitting. We have had it adjusted many times. (They melt the plastic and bow it out as her body grows.) Her hips have took a huge growth spurt. We (doctors and us) mutually agreed that since her curve has been holding steady that she could go a few month without wearing it. She will get an x ray to check. The chances of her curve getting worse is pretty low and the cost of a brace is around $3,400. Our out of pocket is about $850.00. I think monitoring her is a good idea. Ava was so happy she was almost crying. I am relieved for her. It is very uncomfortable and painful. We will pray that her back remains stable.


Five foot 7 inches. Can you believe this girl?


She is never too old to write on the board.


Ava doing a Pulmonary lung function test.




A few Sundays ago I got a few of my high school dresses out and Ava and I tried them on. She thought it was funny that I can still fit into my Vise-Versa dance. Ava holding a photo of Brian and I.


Ava's sisters are doing well. They moved into their own apartment in February so now Ava feels like an only child. If she wasn't totally spoiled before she certainly is now!! Lexis turned 21 and Emeline turned 19 in September. How did time pass so quickly? She loves these two so much.


Ava is becoming quite a photographer. She took our pictures this Summer. I decided to give her a logo. She thought this was pretty cool. I'm just happy she enjoys doing what I love. I thought this was a good opportunity to get Brian on the blog.


Today Ava cut her finger on a bottle after school. She had her friends over so she was pretty chill about it. I wasn't sure if it needed stitches or not so we went to urgent care. They cleaned it and bandaged it for her. They felt it would heal on it's own. There is never a dull moment with Ava.I am thankful it wasn't worse. 




Thanks for stopping by to check on Ava. We appreciate your thoughts, well wishes and prayers. 

-Terri

1 comment:

Sandy Daron said...

Terri,

I am delighted Ava is doing soo well. I can't get over how TALL she is!! Ava, you are beautiful!!!

I love all the pictures!!

Love ya,

C.O.L.E.s Foundation (Caring Openly, Loving Eternally)

www.colesfoundation.org
Jesuslivz@att.net
Sandy Daron